Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 New Year - New Life

Not long after I started this new blog, my husband suffered a hemorrhaged brain aneurysm at home.  I don't want to rehash the details of that awful night at this point.  He survived, and is doing really well considering how dangerous the injury was.  

Our autumn is a blur to me.  He was in the hospital about a month and was released to out-patient therapies.  Thankfully he was discharged in time for our daughter Maya's birthday in mid-October.  The next thing I know Thanksgiving was here and I was lucky to get a fresh turkey last minute!  Another blink and Christmas was here.  We decided to stay home during the holidays this year and it was quiet, and relaxed and the most beautiful time I can remember. 

I still find it unbelievably ironic and really frustrating that I had been working so hard to be more present in our daily lives, only to have this traumatic event happen and put great strain on us.  But, so many good things have come from Phil's injury.  Truly.  Our family is closer than ever and we are so much healthier now.  We make better decisions about our time and resources. 

We are counting on 2013 to be our lucky year.  We have huge plans!  Huge!  Travel, home (farm?) buying, and maybe even a winter abroad, homeschooling. 

My knitting lulled while I was caregiving.  I remember at some point finding kitting cathartic but it didn't last long.  I did some sewing last fall, too.  My birthday gift, the week before Phil got sick, was a new Bernina!  So much has happened since late summer but rather than trying to play catch up, I'll just start a fresh new year here as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment