Sunday, January 6, 2013

Knitting Goals 2013 Part 1

I have big plans for 2013!  So big, my goals will be split over several posts. 

Projects:
I finished/frogged or hibernated all but five projects at the end of 2012.  I don't think I've had so few active WIPS on the needles since I started knitting!

1.  It's the Berries Cardigan -
This Sunday Knits kit really is beautiful and I'm about half way done.  Its a bit of a slog though as I'm on the sleeves.  My projects always stall on the sleeves.  I got the yarn and pattern at Stitches Midwest in 2011 when I met up with my Knit Camp friends Kim and Jessica. I plan to go to Stitches this year, so I really need to finish this up.



2.  Wiggle Wrap -
This was a complete impulse purchase from WI Sheep and Wool this past September.  I found a half-knit sample in a booth while I was waiting to pay. (I bought a few pounds of roving for a project at my kids' school - another story all together)  It calls for two colors of Kauni, the rainbow and a tonal or semi-solid.  Since I already had the rainbow in stash, I thought it was perfect.  This is totally a slog however.  I only really work on it a little while at a time.  I bought an awesome Yarn Pop project bag for it at Vogue Knitting Live in Chicago - it has grommets for color work.  I'd like to have this done before WI Sheep and Wool 2013.



3.  Lacy Baktus -
Not much to say about this project.  It lives in my car so I'm never without knitting.  I expect it'll still be on my needles in a year from now.  The yarn is Cascade Heritage


4.  Effortless Cardigan -
I can't explain why I casted on another gray sweater with one still on the needles.  I guess I blame Vogue Knitting Live as there was a beautiful sample in a booth that I wasn't able to stop thinking about.  I casted this on just before Thanksgiving and am using deep stash - DIC Classy in gray tabby.  I love this yarn so much I bought a sweaters worth in blue at the Eat Sleep Knit Black Friday Sale.  That yarn is destined for a sweater for my son.  I want the Effortless done ASAP - ideally before our February break trip to Door County.


5.  Spiderman Socks -
These socks for my son were started in December out of Three Irish Girls Adorn I got at VKL Chicago.  I'm just doing a basic sock.  I'd like to have these done while were still in sock weather as my kid grows fast.

I believe that's everything that I'd consider active.  I have a handful of hibernating projects (camp blanket, ano, evenstar, lucy socks, chicken mittens and aestlight) that I'll try to pull out during this year.

I do have a vest on the needles, but it's a sample knitting job and I ran out of yarn!  I'm waiting for the dyer to send me some more so I can get it done and off the needles.


Next up -  2013 Project Plans

No comments:

Post a Comment